View Single Post
Old
08-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Steelhead16

vCash: 500
I strained my left one (I shoot right) a few years ago and it didn't heal the entire season. It wasn't as bad because it didn't bother me shooting so I just lived with it. Just getting in and out of the car I would stretch it wrong and it hurt contantly for 8 months. Since then I make sure and stretch really well and everything has been fine. That is until I read this thread last week and I strained my right one last week stretching before I played. It's one of the worst ones I've had. I played on it and it hurt like hell to skate hard but I was just playing pick up so I cruised around but I decided to take a slap shot and it felt like someone shot me. (yes, I've been shot so I do know how that feels) So I don't think it has to do with your form. Like someone said previously I think it's just your body doing someting new. I've been playing for 35 years and taken thousands of slap shots and if you do them correctly you do put a huge strain on your groin so don't change the way you're shooting just avoid slap shots until it heals and then stretch really well beforehand.