Thread: On the Radio: Dave Cameron already has an NHL job?
View Single Post
Old
05-23-2011, 11:06 PM
DefenseMinister

vCash: 500
Before we dive into more semantics (I've never had to explain what an Associate Head Coach is to so many people), let's take a step back and recognize that even Cameron's staunchest defenders can only build him up by completely excusing his failed AHL run to not being set up for success.

Even if that is the case and we can agree that he couldn't succeed at the AHL level because of circumstances out of his control, why are we still considering him as a viable NHL head coaching candidate? How about he gets another chance to prove himself at the AHL level where he failed before? Maybe he can be an Assistant coach at the NHL and show that he can succeed in that role.

Why is coaching a stacked Junior team and blowing Gold Medals at the World Juniors with stacked Canadian teams all this guy needs to fill an NHL head coaching job? He can go try to rehab his image with some other franchise, I'd prefer more of a sure thing.

Also, if he's such a valuable commodity, why aren't other NHL teams coming to call on him for their head coaching vacancies? I know I hear that he's a shoe-in for the Ottawa job (primarily because Eugene has all but given it to him) but I've never heard him connected to another team. When Peter DeBoer was out there, he was courted by multiple teams. I have never heard even an iota of interest from anyone outside of Eugene Melnyk and his team.

If he is named the Sens next coach, it will clearly not be on merit, it will be a patronage appointment. The majority of the fanbase will see it this way. If I'm Dave Cameron, I wouldn't want to get my job that way. But he sounds like an arrogant jackass in any interview I've seen from him so I don't think he gives a **** anyways.

DefenseMinister is offline   Reply With Quote