View Single Post
Old
05-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Dreakmur

vCash: 500
Here's why you should vote for McGuire's Monsters:

Goaltending:
Once again, we'll have a distinct advantage between the pipes. Tretiak is definately better than Esposito, especially when you consider Tretiak's big game play vs. Esposito's play-off results.

Defense:
The Monsters have a significant edge on the top pairing and a distict advantage on the second pair. With horse like Ray Bourque and Hod Stuart on the ice for almost the entire game should give me a huge edge on the blueline.

Power Play:
With Bourque and Bathgate running things, the Monsters have a distinct edge on the powerplay. The pointmen especially are a significant advantage for the Monsters. Also, with Regina's plan to "goon Bathgate", the Monsters will have plenty of chances to make them pay with the man advantage.

Maybe it's just because this draft was incredibly balanced, or maybe I've just had an abnormally tough path to the semi finals, but, once again, I'm in a series that I can see myself winning or losing. I see my team as alightly better, and I beleive the Monsters should edge this out, but I won't be disappointed to lose to a strong Regina team.

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote