View Single Post
Old
05-24-2011, 10:07 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 50
Quote:
ANN ARBOR, Michigan — Kevin Harvick doesn’t think Kyle Busch would make much of a hockey player.

“Probably not,” Harvick said flatly. “You’ve got to be tough to play hockey.”

Perhaps it should come as no surprise that the NASCAR Sprint Cup driver most likely to drop the gloves and go is a huge fan of the National Hockey League and especially, of the Philadelphia Flyers.
Quote:
Impressive for a guy who five years ago admits he couldn’t tell you a thing about the game.

“I had not been a hockey fan,” said Harvick, 35, born and raised in Bakersfield, California. A chance meeting with Flyers forward Jeff Carter at a NASCAR event changed all that.

“I went to the Flyers arena and just kind of got started watching it,” Harvick said. “Having somebody to actually watch makes it a lot easier. We’ve become good friends.

“I know a lot of those guys and it’s been fun to follow the sport.”

Naturally, to someone known for his frequent on-track feuds with fellow drivers, the appeal of hockey was obvious.

“I like the roughness of the sport,” Harvick said, “and playoff hockey is just on a whole different level.”

He likes the way that NHLers handle on-ice disputes by settling the score between the boards, which is how he’d like to see disagreements between drivers decided.
Read more: http://www.windsorstar.com/Hockey+to...#ixzz1NKGWpbII