View Single Post
Old
05-24-2011, 10:46 PM
WanderingCapsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Knuble's exit interview... wont be for some time. If we are waiting for him to retire before a player is willing to tell George, um, dude, try a new coach, dont hold your breath. If George cant see that a coaching change needs to be made, Knuble having to tell him tells me we need a new GM as well. He should parade to Patrick and tell him the full story.

Ovechkin looked out of sorts to me for much of the year. Most said it was his wrist. George said he was burned out from the previous year... forgot the exact words. I said he was trying to slow down his game, look to pass instead of trying to predictably shoot 2000 times a year. His goal scoring was way down, just why was that if he wasnt disinterested? He doesnt need Nick to pot 50.

Our 4 young guns appeared to have already peaked under Bruce. I am very skeptical that he can get any more out of them than he already has. They all regressed. it wasnt 20 games of defense.

Its time for an oil change.
This seems like a pretty good analysis, from what I saw this season.

It looks like to me some changes need to be made at the top. We are stuck with Ovechkin and Backstrom. Semin is gone after next season (if he could only apply that talent). Green......well........brilliant puck-mover when he is on...........but if the Caps could get any where near value for him, I would move him in a minute.

As for Bruce.....nice guy......but the Caps need someone who holds EVERYONE accountable.