View Single Post
Old
05-25-2011, 01:08 AM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Yeah, DW likes to copy and the Canucks (like the Flyers last year) should the model of PMDs up and down the lineup.

We have Boyle, Demers and maybe White (if not re-signed for more than $2.75-3 for 2 yrs). Braun could work out, too. Need some lefty PMDs.

On the guys who can carry the zone, add Wellwood. We need to vary it b/c teams just cheat on our chip and chase game. If we vary it, that stimies their anticipation.
I am not anxious on White because they have Braun. A PMD doesn't have to skate it, he just has to get it up quick. Both Blake and Pronger were/are PMDs who didn't/don't skate well. Braun can skate but I haven't seen him do it much with the puck. I did see him getting it up quick. Brewer and JayBo come to mind as lefties in that mold of TWDs.

You saw the GFAs by year. This year's would not have been so good without the White acquisition. With Murray and Vlasic, they can't fill the last two slots with Wallin/Huskins types.

The other thing is that no matter how they do it, they are going to have to find better ways to score on entry. If they aren't going to play trap and transition, they need to go for homeruns (a la Philly) or more defensive involvement/mobility or lose some chip and chase.