View Single Post
Old
05-25-2011, 01:19 AM
stalockrox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
I am not anxious on White because they have Braun. A PMD doesn't have to skate it, he just has to get it up quick. Both Blake and Pronger were/are PMDs who didn't/don't skate well. Braun can skate but I haven't seen him do it much with the puck. I did see him getting it up quick. Brewer and JayBo come to mind as lefties in that mold of TWDs.

You saw the GFAs by year. This year's would not have been so good without the White acquisition. With Murray and Vlasic, they can't fill the last two slots with Wallin/Huskins types.

The other thing is that no matter how they do it, they are going to have to find better ways to score on entry. If they aren't going to play trap and transition, they need to go for homeruns (a la Philly) or more defensive involvement/mobility or lose some chip and chase.
I don't know that I'm sold on White either and I think they need to give Braun every opportunity to play in the NHL next year.

But I really have absolutely NO interest in JayBo, not with that contract. I'd be very interested in Brewer.

I think your last paragraph is something that can be done pretty easily with just a few tweaks to the roster. Obviously, a more mobile D will help a lot! I think they just need some minor changes up front...seeing what Viedensky, Mashinter, Wingles can bring and replacing Nichol and Mayers with youth.

Getting rid of Niitty would also be a plus but I don't see that happening.