View Single Post
Old
05-25-2011, 05:22 AM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

vCash: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
I disagree with this. I think MoJo is going to start next season where he left of this past season. I think he is going to be a good 2nd line center for the Caps next season and I wouldn't be surprised if he does it between Laich and Semin.

If the Caps lose Laich, I don't think it will be a huge loss. I think you can replace Laich in free agency or with a trade pretty easily. I know most if not all Caps fans have become fans of Laich over the years, but I dont think a 20 goal scoring top 4 forward is as hard to replace in todays NHL as it once was.

That being said I would prefer to keep him. But he isn't worth mid 3's which he may get on the open market.
I am with you a 100% on Laich. I hope we don't bring him back. I see him as a fringe top six player. His numbers were a product of the system. When the wheels were turning he was getting points. But as soon as things went south. He did nothing to help. Jack of all trades master of none.

He should have bumped Knuble off the first line by now. Dont get me wrong I love Knuble. He is everything this team is missing. But he looked old and slow last season. He gets his goals with high hockey IQ. He puts himself in the right place at the rite time. That is something Laich will never do.

We would be much better off with a player that has less over all skill. But plays a role that better fits our needs. Someone that may not be a able to play 2C or 3C in a jam like Brooks can. But will be better at the net. And have some grit.

We need less skill and more heart and grit. It would make the life of our high skilled player much easier.