View Single Post
Old
08-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
He's a lot better than most posters here will give him credit for. He was a whipping boy after his injury last year, but I never thought he was as bad as some felt he was. He clearly lost something when he had his face broken by Arkhipov, but he was still a pretty solid second pairing guy for us..though I don't think he'd make this year's team...and realistically at this stage he's a number 5 guy. Could be a good guy for a young team to pick up.
The Canuck only have 4 NHL d-men right now. I think either Kevin Bieksa or Tomas Mojzis (2 rookies) will compete for the #6 spot, and the #7 spot will be between AHL guys like Butenschon and Baumgartner. But we need at least one more NHL vet d-man to teach the rookies on the 3rd pairing. From your post, it sounds like he'd be a very solid #5 to teach a guy like Bieksa. Nashville's D is insanely deep, so it doesn't surprise me that the Preds probably wouldn't sign him back. Unfortunately, after the top 4, the Canucks D resembles that of the Pens. Just ugly.