View Single Post
Old
05-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Pleky Roks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I keep reading this stuff and it's BS.

Gauthier got a cheaper/more productive version of Moore in Halpern...better faceoff %, better +- and better 5 on 5 production...PLUS he saved 500 k in cap hit. How the hell is that a mistake??

Moore is a younger, faster hockey player than Halpern. Moore's faceoff numbers weren't any worse than Halperns and Moore is healthy and in the lineup more often than Halpern. Moore is also a better 3rd line player than Halpern was.

This deal never mattered to me because it was basically a wash, but Moore is the better option in my eyes and I think PG should have signed him to a 2 or 3 year deal to help secure the bottom 2 lines.....but thats just my opinion.

I liked Halpern, he was great and played good hockey for the Habs, but I think we would have gotten more out of Moore if we kept him around.

I feel it was strictly a cap move only. He got a cheaper version of Moore who is a little older and a little slower....but I wouldn't call it a bad decision by PG...he just went short term instead of keeping Moore for a couple of years.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote