View Single Post
Old
05-25-2011, 02:50 PM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
Great post and if we had lost the lottery, I'm convinced GM would have picked Cam Barker. Yes, I do not believe he would have picked Malkin or Ladd. Thankfully, we did win the lottery and picked a gift and no brainer. I do think Ovy's play and success did speed up the rebuild. Yes, I do agree with his trades. We would have not made the 2008 playoffs without those deadline deals. As for signing UFAs, GMGM doesn't have a good track record in getting great UFAs.

Go Caps!!
Thanks. One thing I think that the braintrust is discounting, is ticket and merchandise sales if they were to go all out and get us a cup. Go get that big bad ass defensemen, that big center Ted has publically said he has wanted. Out with a few guys George drafted and thinks the world of. There are more picks to make next year, and every year after that. You can always keep adding. By competing as we are led by Ovi, we keep getting crappy picks! Arg.

There is more than one way to skin a cat (consistent sells out, profitability, competitiveness). I think one of them, is simply winning a cup, at all costs.