View Single Post
Old
05-26-2011, 12:39 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
I couldn't have said it better myself. We need a mobile defense who can skate/pass/generate offense in order to supplement our smaller forwards. This is one reason why I hope Wisniewski is re-signed.

Having Markov, Subban, Weber and Wisniewski as 4 of your top 6/7 defenseman is promising.

With a healthy Pacioretty, and one more big bodied top 6 forward like you mentioned, this team has the potential to contend.
Having Markov Subban and Wizniewski would be godly. Adding Weber as a backup is perfect.

We definitely have potential when healthy. I think give Jacques a team like this on the back end:

Markov-Subban (Markov will make Subban look like a god)
Wiz-Gorges (responsible guy for Wiz)
Gill-Weber (Could have some issues)
Spacek

We could actually be quite good. Wiz adds toughness, Gill adds size and mentors Weber one season, Spacek is a good fill in if Weber is sucking or somebody gets injured. You could alternate those two to keep Spacek fresh for the post season.

Say you go for Bieksa instead of Wiz:

Markov-Weber
Subban-Bieksa
Gill-Gorges
Spacek

Yes I know it would be putting Weber as the #2, imagine being mentored as an offensive D on a line with Markov? Plus Markov is great at the left point and Weber is great from the right.

There are all sorts of things that could happen but if we sign Markov and one of Ehrhoff/Wiz/Bieksa/Solid D, we'll be ****.

Also Emelin would likely play too, don't know where everyone would fit but bottom line, we have the potential if Gauthier gets the right people.

Also I don't know why but I keep getting this guy feeling we're going to get Laich in a deal similar to Gionta's.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote