View Single Post
Old
05-26-2011, 03:07 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Well to be fair, when was the last time a player who wasn't exactly excelling in his junior years improve from Habs pro coaching/training/etc? I think maybe D'Agostini but for the most part our developed players have been excellent junior age players before hitting pro.
Well I think it's safe to assume that he'll never be a big time scorer...but maybe he can still improve as a checking line center. He's certainly got the frame for it and judging from the few games I saw, he's responsible in his own zone, strong on faceoffs and can chip in offensively.

if he can keep rounding out his game, we could have a very good checking center...

Not every player drafted is drafted with the intention or hope that they're gonna be Hall of Famers or scoring line/top 6 type of players. You need all types of players to have a successful team.

Furthermore, it didn't seem like he had a very big role offensively on his SM-liga team this year...so expecting him to put up big numbers maybe be too much to ask. We'll get a better idea of his ceiling in the years to come.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote