View Single Post
Old
05-26-2011, 07:44 PM
TinordiandSubban

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiersen24 View Post
I wouldn't mind Miller ! But if Beaulieu is still available, i'd surely think twice about picking Beaulieu instead....Still Miller is a pretty good pick at 17 imo!
Very good pick, number two behind Grimaldi on my list.

11. Jonathan Miller, USA U18 (USHL): Miller might be considered a sleeper to some, but not to National Team Development Program coach Ron Rolston. With exceptional speed, playmaking ability and creativity, Miller played a pretty significant role in his first full season with the Under-18 National Team this season, finishing third on the club with 50 points while registering a team-leading 35 assists in 56 games.

In 16 international games, he produced 7 goals, including 2 game-winners, and 22 points.

"He hit everything in sight when I watched him play," Barzee said.

The University of North Dakota-bound Miller was named one of Team USA's top three players at the Under-18 World Championship in Germany last month after helping lead the team to its third consecutive gold medal. He finished the tournament with 4 goals, 13 points and a plus-8 rating.

"I like how he uses his size and strength," Central Scouting's David Gregory told NHL.com. "He is a power forward that can dominate on the boards and possesses a great shot. He moves very well, has the ability to impose his will on the game. He just needs to improve his consistency, especially using his strength, game in and game out. He'll be a better overall player when his puck-handling and confidence with the puck improves.