View Single Post
Old
05-27-2011, 01:41 AM
Flat Stanley

vCash: 500
ROOT SPORTS Pittsburgh Broadcast Changes?

There is a rumor that Mike Emrick could be brought in to replace Paul Steigerwald, whose contract expired at the end of this past season. Mike Emrick's contract also expired with MSG. Could it happen? Mike Emrick says Pittsburgh is a special place for him.

Mike Emrick began his career here, being a unpaid journalist covering the Penguins in the late 60's. He has been a huge Pittsburgh Pirates fan for 52 years. He just loves the city of Pittsburgh so those things could attract him here.

I don't think it would be a bad idea, he's a hall of famer and one of the best, if not the best hockey announcer right now. A lot of people don't like Steigerwald for several reasons, he's been broadcasting with us since the 80's and it's been said, if he's not re-signed by Root Sports then he will have another job within the organization because of his time with us. My guess would be radio broadcaster or something like that.

What do you guys think? Do you think we should sign Emrick? I know a lot of people want to see Lange back on T.V. and I want that too, I think we should consider Lange before Emrick, but don't get me wrong having 'Doc' would be cool but would it work for us?

ROOT SPORTS
Play by Play: Emrick or Lange / Color Commentator: Errey

105.9 The X
Play by Play: Steigerwald / Color Commentator: Bourque

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote