View Single Post
Old
05-27-2011, 08:08 AM
Jag68Sid87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz Nasty View Post
Because Lange ruffled a lot of feathers in his last term as Play by Play guy and had a lot of hard feelings after he was moved to radio. Lange is an all-time great, but for however many years he has left, he should stay in the radio booth.

People hate Steiggy, sometimes for legitimate reasons, but the guy bleeds for this team...if he gets displaced for Emrick, I'll feel bad for the guy because he genuinely loves what he does and isn't just a mercenary announcer like you see a lot recently. I sincerely hope the Pens organization will find a suitable spot for him with the team if this situation does go down...
A LOT of people on this board bleed Penguins colors, too. And we're all just as qualified as Steigerwald, which is to say he's not, for doing this job. Only when you go around the league and hear every PBP man do you come to the realization that the Pens have the worst one. I mean, there's some pretty bad ones out there, believe me. And maybe Jack Edwards in Boston is the only one who could get under my skin more than Steigerwald, but when it comes right down to it, he's just not good at calling a game. I've said this before, but as a color analyst back in the day next to Lange, he wasn't at all bad. But PBP is a special job. You need talent to do it. I know I couldn't do it. It bothers me when guys who have no business doing it are placed in these positions.

If he is REALLY committed to this, he should just go back to broadcasting school and learn the job. But in the end, Steigerwald is an announcer. A presenter. He should be like Al Trautwig on the MSG broadcasts. Interviews, presentations, etc. That's what he's good at, not PBP.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote