View Single Post
Old
05-27-2011, 09:35 AM
fauxflex

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=CharlieGirl;33269365]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxflex View Post
I hear this line used a lot, but I think it's a bit misleading. He had times where he wasn't captain, or where teams he's captained came up short. Let's take a closer look.

The 2004 WJC team was almost as stacked as the 2005 team. Dan Paille captained the '04 squad, with Richards wearing an A. When it came time to choose the captain of the '05 team, they gave it to Richards, out of all of the future stars available to them. The majority of that '05 team were captains of their own CHL teams, and have gone on to wear a letter in the NHL. That's pretty telling, I'd say.

You clearly have no concept how junior hockey works.

But for the record, Richards was his team's MVP the year they won the Memorial Cup. He was an alternate captain at age 17, while an older player wore the C. As a general rule, you see 19-20 year olds wearing the C in the CHL. Very few younger than 19 are considered.

No clue. But please carry on. It's quite refreshing to have to correct so many misconceptions and errors.
I'm sorry, in my apparent continued ignorance, I don't understand what you're trying to tell me here. What did I have wrong?