View Single Post
Old
05-27-2011, 09:49 AM
CharlieGirl
Summer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxflex View Post
I'm sorry, in my apparent continued ignorance, I don't understand what you're trying to tell me here. What did I have wrong?
You're right - I didn't spell it out. Let me help you.

a) Richards was captain of what is arguably the best junior team ever assembled. Should we ignore this fact? Is it meaningless when speaking of his leadership?

b) Discounting Richards' leadership with the Kitchener Rangers because they didn't win another championship is a case of reading statistics without any other knowledge. If you had a clue, you'd know that junior hockey is, by nature, cyclical and very, very few teams are able to win consecutive championships in their own league. Fewer teams yet are able to win consecutive Memorial Cup championships.

I haven't even gotten into the crap with the Phantoms. You do realize that he and Carter were not allowed to join the Phantoms until after their junior careers had ended, right? And that those 20 games or so Richards played were the only games he ever played in the AHL? I'm not sure what point you're trying to make in bringing this up. No **** he didn't wear the C. Why would he?

Clearly, you have an issue with Richards wearing the C. Whatever.

Let me ask though -- did you feel the same way last year as he led his team to the Cup finals? Or is this a recent thought that came to you?