05-27-2011, 10:12 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Less than a month until the Entry Draft 2011 and I'm still on the Khokhlachev bandwagon for our 1st round pick #17 overall.Unless I miss my guess Alex will be available and would be ready to play for the Habs about the same time Gomez contract is over.Khokhlachev with Avtsin and Pacioretty could be an explosive 1st line combination featuring size,speed,goalscoring wingers and a great center to distribute the puck.Tinordi and Subban backing them up on defence,would give opposition fits;Subban having the ability to join the attack at anytime and Tinordi ever present to stop the transition game or defend his teammates.Playing Nostradamus isn't easy but, these guys have game.Gauthier has a master plan and I see our team being elite for a long long time with Pierre as GM.
Those are two pretty big question marks to be banking on for a future first line. And your projections are generous, at best. Gomez has four years left on his deal, and in that time you have Khoklachev developping into a #1 centre? To compare, Andrei Kostitsyn was a better prospect, was drafted eight years ago, and still hasn't become a bonafide first line winger.

I think people need to lower their expectations in terms of what picking 17th overall will actually get us.