View Single Post
Old
05-27-2011, 11:53 AM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
What he showed that season was that he's something that is very very rare. A huge, amazingly mobile defenseman who can play a mean game, hit and also rack up points. I don't know what's happened to that. Hes still pretty young, so i think he can get back there. It's frustrating to see what his potential is.
Coburn's lacking a bit of hockey smarts, but I think that a big part of the reason for why his point totals has dropped so significantly since the 07-08 season is that he's much more focused on defense first now. He rarely pinches anymore and he usually goes for the safe play on the blue line. When he enters one of his beast modes (it usually only lasts a handful of games unfortunately) he plays with so much more confidence and takes more shots and follows up on plays in the offensive zone.

Also, count me in as one of those who thought we had found a greeat shutdown dman in Parent. I still think we should have kept him around for a little longer to see if he or Bartulis could have filled that #6 spot though.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote