View Single Post
Old
05-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis Keon View Post
You're right, but you sure like to frame things in a negative light. You always talk about flexibility and having cap space to improve, but when we have a potential stud on the blueline who's already been the backend's go-to-guy down the stretch and in two playoffs, and a whole lot of cap space opening up (11 million just with two players), you consider it a "huge question mark" instead of an opportunity. Sure, it's a question mark, but if you want flexibility and cap space to make changes, one would think it's the kind of question mark you'd be thrilled about: you have the cash to make a run at anyone you want, you can restructure the D as you like it, you can bring back guys you want, you can use stop gaps to make use of the money at a later date.
yes, I certainly do tend to have a more pessimistic or critical view of things...

that said, wether one choose to view things through rose-coloured glasses or not, i think it's absolutely fair to say that there is a big question mark when looking to next season.

We have cap space, but we have some serious holes to fill on defense. I believe Markov and Gorges will be re-signed, but until they do, their spots are vacant... i remember back in 09 where so many people where so sure that Komi would be re-signed, and those same people who were most certain tended to be the same who were most disgusted with him for taking more money with a rival.

None of us can accurately predict what will come of this summer, I'm not suggesting that the moves that we'll make will be bad ones, in fact I'm hoping and praying that we "hit a homerun" this offseason when it comes to re-building our defense and managing our roster/cap situation, but with so many question marks, it's not a guarantee that the roster heading into training camp will be markedly improved over last season.

is that really such a pessimistic or negative perception to have?

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote