View Single Post
Old
05-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefTO View Post
I don't know much about Mayfield, but from what I have read, he is tough as nails and is already 6'4'' and growing, his cousin is 6'10'' and his family is all quite large. I am not saying he will be 6'10'' cause his cousin is, but if there is significant height in the family, he may finish at 6'5'' or 6'6'' and for a guy that size and who can skate like he can, it is certainly worth a look. I just feel that it may be a waste of a pick in Siemens at 19 if we can potentially get the same d-man at 31 and perhaps pick up a guy like McNeil or Miller at 19... Just my opinion... Either way I hope the Oilers come out of the first rd including *31... with 2 C and 1 Dman.
His cousin is 6'10" it doesn't mean that he'll even be 6'5". Ie. my 1st cousin is about 6' while I am 6" taller than he is. Meanwhile one of my 3rd cousins is my height while the other (from a different mother) is about 5'8", it all depends. IIRC we took Hesketh based on the same logic and IIRC he hasn't grown much since being drafted 2 drafts ago. He is however pretty tall already and it sounds like he's ill tempered, that alone sells me on him even if he is done growing. If he's a good skater then he sounds like a guy that would be great to add to our D stable.