View Single Post
Old
05-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Puckslinger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
They are doing it right, and the Rangers have lots of prospects. The only problem is there are too many and only a few seem to have more talent than the others but I'm not sure how wide of a margin that is (in each comparative case), and to what degree do the Rangers top offensive prospects rank with all of the other young guns around the league.

Not to mention, it's to be expected that Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Boyle will all be re signed. Throw in Prust, Zuccarello, Avery, and Gaborik, along with the entire pool of prospects, and the upcoming future selections we'll obtain starting next month, and I'm anxiously awaiting to see what Sather is going to do (as far as trades are concerned).

No way we can keep all of these young kids, who are either on the team, in the system, or will be picked in the up and coming drafts.
Those are the thoughts I think silently, but rearely express, but it looks like a puzzle.

If one looks at it strategically, one option is to err toward getting these guys in the lineup as soon as possible, and saying goodbye to the end-of-contract role players like Fedotenko and Prospal. Tactically that could lead to a subpar season or even missing the playoffs if the kids don't look like a sure thing. It will be interesting to see whether the kids force anyone's hand in camp, and which way Slats leans.

Puckslinger is offline   Reply With Quote