Thread: Speculation: Paul Stastny
View Single Post
Old
05-28-2011, 08:18 PM
agentblack

vCash: 70
[QUOTE=CB Joe;33294678]Gragnani may be the best prospect in the Sabre's system, however that doesn't change the fact that the Av's do not have a need for another PMD in their system. Why would the Av's want to make a deal that has them weakened at center only to add to the area that is probably the strongest area in the Av's system? As far as saying Gragnani proved anything at the NHL level, he hasn't even played 20 NHL games yet! Unless of course, you're trying to prove that Gragnani can play 20 nhl games, then I guess you could make a pretty good case for that.

No I think he's the best D prospect of either team right now. And yes your right he hasnt played 20 NHL games. He has played plenty of AHL games however and been spectacular getting 55+ pts twice and getting top d man honors. There is no one in our system that comes even close to that. He's a lock on that team while any of our defensive prospects may not make it out of camp. And as far as adding another PMD I mean obviously one of Barrie/Elliot would be going back the other way.
And a 16th ov pick is still an big asset regardless if they draft a player out of it. If its included in a bigger deal I think it means alot actually.
IDK I just dont see how a Statsny + Liles combo gets you half the sabres offence.

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote