View Single Post
Old
05-29-2011, 12:03 AM
Louiss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Ok, let's take a look. Our top-9 is pretty much set. Re-sign Purcell and Bergenheim and Yzerman's job is almost done at F. As for the 4th line, Thompson is here to stay of course. For the last two open slots I think it's between Tyrell of course, Blair Jones, Wright, Ashton or maybe even Hall again if Yzerman wants the young guns to play another year in the A.
Defense is going to be interesting. Hedman, Ohlund (NMC, limited NTC), Kubina (limited NTC), Clark (1 year left on contract) will most likely return. That's 4/7. I would love to see Brewer back but it really depends on what he demands. I'd be surprised if Lundin won't get re-signed. Smaby I think is gone, not sure about Randy Jones though. Before his injury he played well above 22 minutes per game and was our go-to guy on the PK. We also need a PMD that is responsible enough in our own end. MAB sent great offensive impulses to the team, especially in the playoffs. I loved his outlet passes and sometimes cheeky decisions. The downside of that kind of play is clear: Once intercepted the opposition gets a great scoring chance. I wouldn't mind him back in a 7th D-man role but it all depends on who we can acquire in the off-season.

UFAs to keep an eye on: Ehrhoff, Wisniewski, Pitkanen, Babchuk, I. White, Bieksa, Ericsson, Hannan, Clitsome, Kaberle, (Lidstrom), (Markov).

In goal it all depends on if Roloson will play another season. He's a great leader and mentor and obviously is still capable of playing on the highest level. Best case scenario for him would be a 1b- or even backup role though. If we could land Bryzgalov or Vokoun with Roloson as the #2 we'd be a force. I also wouldn't mind Smith backing up one of those two guys as he was stellar once he was the declared #2. Desjardins or Tokarski still seem to be long shots at this point of time.

Cant see Wright making the team as he wasnt even recall in the playoffs for being a black aces over players 5 years older than him (Pouliot, Angelidis)

I guess Tyrell will be there again and the other forward will be Ritola since he has a 1way deal for 2 more years.

That is if Gagne & Bergenheim are both resign... which I doubt... but they can also sign another UFA.

B.Jones has a good shot if injuries also... pretty sure Adam Hall wont be back and Ashton will be in the AHL.