View Single Post
Old
05-29-2011, 05:51 AM
Grant McCagg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
PK Subban

GMGM is / was an idiot for giving Green a $5m contract as an RFA. I think we have a good team mentality here in Montreal and PK wouldn't ask for $5m in his 2nd contract, nor do I think CP would ask for $5m in his last RFA contract.

But if someone offers PK a $50m contract for the next 10 years, how can he ever turn it down? The reality is, he never should, $50m to his family is everything, its security, whereas getting hurt and concussed and not having a career in 3 years is possible in the new NHL.

seriously, someone can offer PK a big RFA contract and Montreal would have no choice to match it.

thats why offer sheets are bad, because they basically remove the RFA value from developing your own players, every smart GM would offer PK a $9m/yr contract over the next 2 years to steal him. and still own his RFA rights.

?????? I fel like I missed a bunch of things... Can you translate this please? Who the hell is GMGM...what Green are you talking about, and who is CP?

then the next poster comments on all of the offer sheets being thrown around.....who has signed an offer sheet lately?

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote