View Single Post
Old
05-29-2011, 11:48 AM
BanginLikeaBiscuit
You touched us all

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Callahan View Post
Armia and Oleksiak are my top 2 based on what I've read and who I'm expecting to go before us. McNeill would be an intriguing option as well. Sounds like a slightly more offensively talented version of Sutter, not that Sutter is any slouch there himself.
McNeill also brings a good physical game, and is said to be a "powerful" skater. I haven't read of any flaws in his game, but some say he doesn't have the offensive potential to be a first line player. If he could fill the 2nd line Center hole for us, and a couple of our other forward prospects works out we'd have a pretty good foundation for our top 6. But, if we decide we want Dalpe to play center we might look elsewhere.

I like Armia as well. It will be interesting to see if we take him given the opportunity. I'd have to think we'll go for a "safer" option like McNeill though. Also, even though he is a Finn, I find it hard to believe JR would be okay with a foreign player as our 1st round pick. Although Chip seemed to think we liked Burmistrov a lot last year, but that's a little different since he played in the OHL.

As far as Oleksiak goes, JR's "we got bigger, and we got worse comment" makes me think we won't take him. Although, a 6'7" defender who can skate well is a nasty combination. I'd still say we go with a safer pick.

BanginLikeaBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote