View Single Post
Old
05-29-2011, 12:05 PM
bassassin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I think a serious evaluation of both Mattias Ohlund and especially Mike Lundin need to be made. Coming into the playoffs, it seemed like we had them figured out, only to see those trends reversed.

Ohlund ain't worth the money he'll be making next season though.

Anyone know how Brett Connolly is coming along?
Lundin I think needed this playoff run. He was utter crap for a lot of it, but IMO was coming out the otherside in the Bruins series. The Bergeron-Lundin pairing was IMO the most effective in that series. He is always going to be punished playing against teams that hit him hard and often. (Makes the whole Ranger leaving thing more annoying, Ranger and Lundin played very similarly only difference being the physicality, so while Lundin has limits meaning he is going to top out as a number 3, Ranger could have been better).

Good news is because of his early playoff performance should be cheaper to sign.

Edit: Agreed Alaskan Assassin, he was our best dman all season long. And his mobility is amazing and perfect for this system. I really hope he does bulk up a bit, pulled his profile on NHL.com 6'2 and 191lbs, not exactly huge.