View Single Post
Old
05-29-2011, 12:11 PM
BanginLikeaBiscuit
Dobby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
McNeill is also the rare RH pivot that a lot of teams covet. Speed concerns are drastically overstated in my estimation. He's a bull at both ends of the ice. The abundance of top end skill among forward prospects has seen McNeill bypassed in favor of slick skilled guys like the RNH, Couturier, Huberdeau, Strome, Bartschi class but in terms of projectability, he's higher than almost anybody in this draft in my opinion with the exception being Landeskog who I think will be an immediate contributor at the NHL level.

It's really odd when a kid puts up 81 points in 70 games on a pretty pedestrian PG club and it's not enough to move some people in regards to his offensive talent. He has the skills.
The ability to step in right away is something I think we'll look for. Outside of Paradis, we've given our last few 1st rounders the chance to stick right out of the gate. Everything about McNeill seems to fit exactly what we'll be looking for. Also, I though I read something about Dalpe playing wing in the future, but I could be wrong.

Edit: Thanks for the Dalpe info, I remembered reading something about his skill set making him better suited to play wing in the NHL.

Last edited by BanginLikeaBiscuit: 05-29-2011 at 12:16 PM.
BanginLikeaBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote