View Single Post
Old
05-29-2011, 03:42 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schronote View Post
I wasn't basing the fans on anything I have read on the boards, but rather the people I have talked to. Most of my friends/family are die hard Blues fans and not a single one would be pleased that Jackman would be named captain. I actually know someone who would opt out of renewing their season tickets if Jackman were named captain because they seriously question where the team is heading. Their words not mine, but I fully support them. Jackman has been a leader of this team for the last 4 years and we have only made the playoffs 1 time. We need a winner, someone who brings a mindset to be better each and every shift. I do not see any improvement in Jackman in last few years.
I find this reasoning problematic and entirely misguided, but to each their own. I think putting the C on Backes would adversely effect his game and put him into a headspace of trying to do too much. To me, Jackman is the perfect candidate for the C until any of our young players who are still progressing are to a point where they know their game well enough they can focus on being a team leader with the 'C' on their jersey.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote