View Single Post
Old
05-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
We certainly have alot more cap space than 800K going into this offseason. More like 22 million.

After these playoffs, I don't want to trade Purcell. He's the perfect forward that has all the skill in the world that if a team focus too much defensively on our Big 3, then Teddy can hurt you. You need guys like that, depth scoring forwards so to say.

The more I think about the goalies is just the thought of not to not do anything really. Re-sign Roli and bring up one of CD or Tik as the backup. Roli showed he can still play as a #1 with 50 or so games and a young backup to play the spot starts and gain some experience from playing behind Roli. Smith was good as a backup, but that's all he'd be and it'd be just be a short term solution to the goaltending. With Roli/CD or Tik, there's the present and future in play.

I'd also like to target Grant Clitsome as the Randy Jones/MAB replacement if the Jackets don't re-up him. I think he'd be a good fit on our 1st PP unit and he has some offensive skills.

So to the poster above, that capgeek thing you posted isn't accurate. Certainly won't be paying 2 million for a back up goalie. Nor giving 1 million to Adam Hall, or giving MAB a raise of 250K. Bergenheim won't be getting 1.5 from us atleast, on the open market perhaps, but not from us.