Thread: Proposal: NJD - OTT (Draft Day)
View Single Post
Old
05-29-2011, 05:11 PM
trentmccleary

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
If RNH(very unlikely), Huberdeau or Landeskog fall to #5, I think we take them. if Couturier is the one that falls to #5, they might start thinking defense but in that case they might try trade down with either Ottawa or Atlanta for who wants him more(or who wants first choice of him or Strome).

I think Huberdeau and Landeskog could both potentially be great fits for Tavares
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Sorry, I don't follow you posts on a regular basis, so no, I have no idea how you view our prospects regarding blueliners.

As for drafting for team needs, it's not the way Lou or the Devils organisation works and it's not going to change anytime soon. As you pointed out, the Devils have a very mediocre blueline and they decided to go with a small Swede instead of a American PMD in the 2008 draft. Carlsson would've been my guess when it was our time to pick but Lou and Conte went with the BPA on their list and that was Tedenby.

What I'm trying to say is that Lou and David Conte will go BPA cause we don't know what will happen down the road and landing the best talent is all that matters when you are expecting results from that same draft in about 2 to 3 years.
Fair enough, you guys take whatever forwards you want, Ottawa will take another D-man and if/when you have defensive problems later and these prospects start putting up 45-50 points seasons at -15 instead of 65 point seasons at reasonable plus/minuses... we'll re-evaluate the possibility of a trade.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote