View Single Post
Old
05-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
We certainly have alot more cap space than 800K going into this offseason. More like 22 million.

After these playoffs, I don't want to trade Purcell. He's the perfect forward that has all the skill in the world that if a team focus too much defensively on our Big 3, then Teddy can hurt you. You need guys like that, depth scoring forwards so to say.

The more I think about the goalies is just the thought of not to not do anything really. Re-sign Roli and bring up one of CD or Tik as the backup. Roli showed he can still play as a #1 with 50 or so games and a young backup to play the spot starts and gain some experience from playing behind Roli. Smith was good as a backup, but that's all he'd be and it'd be just be a short term solution to the goaltending. With Roli/CD or Tik, there's the present and future in play.

I'd also like to target Grant Clitsome as the Randy Jones/MAB replacement if the Jackets don't re-up him. I think he'd be a good fit on our 1st PP unit and he has some offensive skills.

So to the poster above, that capgeek thing you posted isn't accurate. Certainly won't be paying 2 million for a back up goalie. Nor giving 1 million to Adam Hall, or giving MAB a raise of 250K. Bergenheim won't be getting 1.5 from us atleast, on the open market perhaps, but not from us.
There's also the whole 7D thing, which would probably mean we have 8 defensemen on the NHL roster for significant amounts of time.