View Single Post
Old
05-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
I would definately keep Hamr over Spacek, if he cuts his contract in half. I thought Spacek was absolutey putrid in the playoffs.it seemed every time he was on the ice,the B's had a scoring chance.And seeing him lose the puck in his own end to avoid a hit was disgusting. I was praying for Mara to start game 7. When Lucic boarded Spacek,I was thinking no Lucic or Spacek for game 7,and wasn't exactly sad about it.
While I agree that his performance wasnt great, the Habs were asking more out of him than he could possibly deliver at that point.
While I dont think he's worth the contract anymore (3.833 is a bit much for his game), I do think he gets a whole lot more flack and blame than what is deserved to him.
An example is Hal Gill 5 on 5 or Jaro Spacek?
Lotta people will say Gill... and just like that Metamucil commercial... They'd be wrong.

Spacek is a 2 way defender, he can beat oppostions on both ends of the ice. Where it has been mentioned on MORE than one occasion that Gill is a liability 5/5... He's fantastic 5/4 (PK) but does little else to warrant being above Spacek at this point.

Before others say he's a dressing room presence... We've gotta realize that there are a few 'presences' that flat out provide more than he does. Gill has served his time well...

The reason WHY I bring up Gill, is the fact that in many people's eyes Gill > Hamr as well... (which is kind of rediculous... Esp. when you see how much icetime and who against the 2 guys played)

In that list, it definately, to me is:
Hamr
Spacho
Gill.

Gotta give the guy some credit, as he was a + player (highest on the team -- +9), and put up 16 points (which is definately falling off to his Buffalo days)...

He COULD fulfill the # 3 role on this team next year himself, simply due to the fact that he'd be platooning with Emelin (which may actually work out favourably for Spacek)

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote