Thread: Centers
View Single Post
Old
08-21-2005, 01:57 PM
PACaptain

vCash: 500
Sorry about adding Hutchinson, I thought he was dealt already but I went on tsn.ca and he was still listed under the Predators so I went with that.

I think Kraft for Klein and maybe a draft pick is pretty fair. How close to NHL ready is Klein? I like what I read about him but can honestly say I haven't seen him play. As leg11wand said, the Preds have good depth on defense and the Penguins have a glut of forwards. Kraft can fit in and produce right now.

handtrick, you said that Kraft's situation reminds you of Arkhipov (at least I think) and maybe its similar. Kraft rejected his qualifying offer because he wanted more than one year. I believe the Pens really lowballed him because the center position is loaded with young talent right now with Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin (maybe this year), Kris Beech, Shane Endicott, etc. I really can't see Kraft playing in Russia unless he has no other options.

I see Kraft as a good fit for the Preds because he needs to be a top two line center to be effective and he is very capable of playing that role. The problem for him in Pittsburgh is there are a lot of guys who can fill that role. If the Penguins did not have Crosby and Malkin, I would guess the team would already have Kraft signed and ready to go. So Pittsburgh is fortunate to have both Crosby and Malkin, but our gain is Kraft's loss.