Thread: Speculation: Gormley piece: Carle v. Leino?
View Single Post
Old
05-30-2011, 04:48 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
I agree with the first part, but Wisniewski could be the top FA defensemen on the market, depending on what happens with the Canucks Free agents. Some team is going to overpay for him much like Brian Campbell a few years ago. I could see him getting 4.5 to 5 per year. He's really only worth 4 I think. Adding Wisniewski would take us out of the running for Bryz/Vokoun unless another piece is moved.
That would price us out, I'm of course only going with assumptions as far as Wisniewski, who would be our #5. More offensive production, maybe as erratic though as Carle, I wouldn't give him more than we already pay Carle.

And, it's assumed one of Bryzgalov or Vokoun is signing here, of course. No guarantees.

BSH's chatter about Carle and his superior, elite play at even-strength is irritating too. ES is fine, but for what Carle makes, he gives you nothing on special teams. Others who may be a bit less efficient at ES can make up for it. Carle averaged the 5th most PK time among defensemen, and the 5th most PP P/60 among defensemen. Less than Coburn who only averaged 23 seconds during the regular season.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote