View Single Post
Old
05-30-2011, 08:02 PM
pepty
Let's win it all

vCash: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
I'm actually fine with most of this and I'm a relatively die-hard Sens fan.

If you listen to other stations, they bring non-stop sports takes. Team 1200...as a previous poster said, 3-4 pm you hear about AJ Jakubec's relationships or Yorkie's hockey tournaments, basically filler crap. 4-5 is the only real content. Having Tim Murray on...is ok I guess, but he and Bryan are always on and they'll be around forever so who cares really.

I welcome TSN Radio, maybe it will force these guys to elevate their games.
What station are you referring to with the non stop sports takes?

I sometimes listen tothe Fan 590 noon hour show as I am not interested in the Jim Rome show.

Lots of repetitive bantering back and forth between Kypreos and Maclean very similar to the Yorkie and Loydie stuff.

A couple of times I left it on and heard Andrew Krystal ramble on in buffoonish fashion that the Canucks can never be Canada's team as the Leafs are really Canada's team-just stuff to stir up the audience but a waste of time for anyone not from Toronto.

AJ Jakubec is really interested in and knowledgeable about a wide variety of sports and especially junior hockey. I enjoy the guests he had on his show from across Canada, new voices that we don't hear from on the same old TSN and Sportsnet shows.

Much as I find Jim Jerome for example very tiresome., I very much appreciate having Ottawa content on the local station.

We get too much of the same old people giving a Toronto perspective of the sports scene already, we don't need any more.