View Single Post
Old
10-16-2003, 06:55 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Well I was more impressed with this game then the last two, as I felt the Pens had some energy, but lacked a lot of skill once Mario and Straka were off the ice. Abid seems ok, I like his game. Fata 3rd star, not in the game I saw. His lack of skill shows.

As for the habs, Theodore looked more confident to me. Souray is impressive, he's faster and he must trust his wrist is healed for good. I like him the most on defense this year so far. Brezzy when he keeps it simple seems to be good for him. Hainsey I like a lot, looks much better then last year. I thought he was great in the playoffs, so maybe that gave him a boost. Don't make him think too much in his own end, and he will do well, IMO.

Rivet I can't say I like too much. Koltsov blew by him a couple times, and he doesn't always read the play well. Quintal seems to make the most turnovers, (just a guess) and he's slow. Still if he keeps it simple, he can do ok

Hossa looked better, more drive and confidence. Was skating hard, and had a nice hit early. Man if he ever figures out that he has a ton of skill and learns how to use his size/strength, wow look out!

Ribs even looks better. Faster and very confident with the puck on offense. Even had some good hits.

Ward was fired up tonight. I thought he was all over the place, although not always in a good way. Still I thought he brought a lot of energy tonight. Great to see him get one.

I don't think I'll ever like Audette, no matter what he does. Perreault I still don't care for. Juneau and Dackell are good together, but Juneau was caught too low on the goal. Sundstrom doesn't seem to be all there. Ryder was decent, had a good hit, but I feel bad that he's on that line. Bulis looks darn good on the 3rd line. I'd keep him there. Such speed and skating, it really helps him in the defensive zone.

Zednik and Audette both had a great chance to pass but instead took poor angled shots. I hate to see this.