Thread: Value of: robyn regehr to the sharks
View Single Post
Old
05-31-2011, 03:00 AM
Paper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
Highly doubt it. Sharks need more PMD, and Demers is one of the few Dmen we have who is a TWD with true offensive potential. This year he took a step up in both Defensive play as well as physicality. IMO he is one of the brighter if not the brightest spot the Sharks have right now when it comes to their youth on D.

Why would they trade him AND seto for Regehr? I can't really think who the "added" player would be from Calgary. Right now, and I know I'll get flamed for this, but I'd rather have Demers than RR straight up.

Demers is on a better cap hit, can move the puck, is less of a defenseman but the Sharks already have 2 really good stay at home dmen in Murray and Vlassic. He also can work the PP, and has a pretty decent shot.

Add Seto to the pic and I'm just confused...
Value might be there then because as a Flames fan I wouldn't want them to do a deal like that either. With Giordano and Bouwmeester we already have 2 defenseman that would eat up the minutes in situations where Demers would be useful and if the Flames really needed another offensive defenseman Erixon and Brodie aren't too far away, in my opinion. The Flames don't have really a replacement for Regehr on the team or in the farm so this deal creates a big hole and doesn't really fill another. Setoguchi has to show he's more than a 20/20 guy without the help of Thornton or Marleau otherwise he's not really an upgrade on Glencross or Moss.

Paper is offline   Reply With Quote