Thread: Speculation: Gormley piece: Carle v. Leino?
View Single Post
Old
05-31-2011, 09:50 AM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
I guess I didn't really share my general thoughts on Carle...

I want to move him because I'm just kind of meh on him. As people have pointed out, he has his strengths and weaknesses. I just, flat out, don't think he is worth his money when we have glaring needs to fill (goaltender) and no money to do so. I think the defense would be better off with a more defensive minded player. Pronger and Kimmo we all know can play the offensive game, and Meszaros has shown he can play that role too.

IMO, we have 3 players that make substantial money and I don't consider to be part of the core: Hartnell, Versteeg, and Carle. So it only makes sense that at least one of those players go. Versteeg (who I'd like to move) I don't think will go because his value is pretty low right now and I don't think Homer wants to essentially admit a mistake. Hartnell has a NMC and his value is probably fairly low as well. Carle, on the other hand, probably has pretty good value; and, as I stated above, I think our defense would actually be better suited with a defensive minded D-man after seeing what Meszaros brings to the table.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote