View Single Post
Old
05-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Foligno is much more skilled than the players mentioned as comparables was my point about Kelly.

The idea is Silfverberg, Condra, Greening, Daugavins, Butler get ample chances to prove they are NHL calibre top or bottom 6. Ruutu takes away a spot from a young player who could be the next Alfredsson. If Ott selects a forward at 6th, we could be looking at a logjam at forward later on with Ruutu extended.

Why not save a 1st round pick, who could be a top 6 forward with Sens good drafting. Its alot easier and Ruutu is loved in Carolina anyways. To me its a moot point but still.
This is not how you run an organization. You don't hold off on improving your team because someone MIGHT be the next Daniel Alfredsson. I mean, what a stupid way of thinking. Out of the 5 names you've mentioned, we'd be LUCKY if 2 of them ever became half-decent top 6 forwards, let alone the next Daniel Alfredsson. Even the 6th overall pick will most likely not become an 1000 point, 1000 game player. With your logic, we should get rid of Michalek right now. He's taking up a spot on the big league roster, and keeping the spot from someone like Daugavins, who COULD be the next Alfredsson. I'm sorry, I just can't get over how you said that.

Logjams aren't a bad thing, either. To me, that's what you need to become a Stanley Cup Contender. We have a logjam of defensive prospects. That's a good thing right? So shouldn't it be a good thing one day if we have a logjam of offensive prospects as well, waiting to get there chance into the NHL?

I believe that's the way the Detroit Red Wings run their organization. Their prospects don't get rushed, because they have too many NHL quality players already on their roster. But who wants to do things like the Red Wings? They've never had success.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote