View Single Post
Old
05-31-2011, 10:44 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
JVR's Commitment to the offseason

Nice to see JVR's commitment he showed in the playoffs carry over to the offseason...

Quote:
TWO TEAMS ARE still battling for Lord Stanley's mug, yet James van Riemsdyk already has made at least one trip to Darien, Conn., to hunt for an offseason residence.

While not far, Darien is not exactly near the beach - and it's certainly not within close proximity to a lake stocked with bass or trout.

Van Riemsdyk's goal is not to hang out with his buddies, to catch rays or check out women on the beach, or to pack on the pounds one Bud Light at a time.

Van Riemsdyk's pilgrimage to Darien is to train for next season. Some players hire a personal trainer to come to them. Instead, Van Riemsdyk will spend nearly 16 weeks in Connecticut with renowned hockey trainer Ben Prentiss, where he will trade reps with the likes of Marty St. Louis, Max Pacioretty, Ryan Shannon, Matt Moulson and Matt Lashoff.

For van Riemsdyk, who broke out in the Stanley Cup playoffs with seven goals in 11 games, this summer is about picking up next season where he left off at the beginning of May.

"For me, I think it was a matter of getting an opportunity," van Riemsdyk said in a recent phone interview. "I wanted to step up for the team, above the injuries that we had, and help take the lead.

"I got a taste of it, a tiny glimpse. I want more of that."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz1NwasBtrG

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote