View Single Post
Old
05-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Bad news if Gauthier can't find anybody to replace them for the Dogs....If he does it, no big deal. Only Dawes could be a depth player for the Habs, the guy was not going to reproduce his AHL numbers in the NHL.

Time for Gauthier to go and get solid AHL'ers. Starts with keeping McIntyre. And adding some vets to the kids we have. Honestly, I'll say that the development/prospects camps could be the most interesting camps in a long time. I will predict some really interesting invitations....
Honestly, I'm pretty happy about this. I really want to see how potential top 6'ers like Leblanc, Palushaj, Avtsin handle big offensive minutes in the AHL. It's kind of a waste of time for Dawes and Boyd to be clogging up those minutes, because you know they'll never actually crack our line-up in an offensive role. That's why the Pacioretty/Desharnais combination was so fruitful last year. You really felt like their scoring prowess was going actually going to amount to something one day, and it did.

Disclaimer: I don't necessarily believe that Leblanc, Palushaj or Avtsin will star for the Canadiens on the top 2 lines, but I'd like to at least find out if they can dominate the AHL without one of these superstar AHLers maybe hiding how good they actually are.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote