Thread: Proposal: Mtl - Cbj
View Single Post
Old
05-31-2011, 04:17 PM
TSA0402

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
It's not like Weber is a prospect. He's ready for full-time duties, and will shine on any team that can give him #1 PP time. Montreal, with Markov & Subban, is not the place for him to get these kinds of responsibilities. I think Colombus would one of the few places where he'd have a real opportunity that he won't get in Montreal, unless they part ways with Markov, which would be a huge mistake IMO.

All in all, if Habs can't get full value for Weber, I have absolutely no problem hanging on to him. I just think it'd be better for him to be on a team where he gets better opportunities. And if Habs can get something along the lines of a great pick, that's good for everyone. Not many teams have a guy just like him, 21-year-old right-handed two-way defenseman, in Subban. Without Subban, I give Weber top-4 duties and #1 PP time any day of the week.

I know a lot of Habs proposals include Weber, some do it just for the sake of it. In my case, it's really because he's one of the few real quality assets that could fetch something decent in a trade, and the presence of Subban somehow makes him expendable (but definitely not a point where Habs should "get rid" of him).
My mistake I figured he was still a prospect, need to catch up on Hab games. That being said, Columbus needs someone who has been there, done that. My idea of established is somebody who is 25-26 that has been playing for at least good 2-3 seasons of solid top 4 dman hockey.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote