MLD 2011 - Sign-Up Thread
View Single Post
05-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Nucks future 1C??
Join Date: May 2007
seventieslord will be the commissioner of the 2011 Minor League Draft
I will be frequently helping out, as I'll have a lot of time on my hands in the summer, working and doing archiving at a local firm.
Some rules to be discussed/revised, we should assemble a rule committee once we have more noted participants.
- Duration of the draft (25 seems to be a good idea, I'm down for it)
- 20 teams would be a great goal, I vote two conferences and four divisions, five teams per division. If not we can just aim for 16 and do four teams per division.
- All-Star voting is a great idea as well, I'm also for this.
- Trading. Deciding whether we'd like to trade or not, we were able to trade last time around, but I can't recall trading activity being very frequent and it went rather smoothly, we can dictate this as well.
- Time windows for picks, from what I know, seventies is going on vacation around the end of August, and I will also be going away around the same time, not sure of my dates. But I think we could have the draft finished in a month or less, and the playoffs done in even less time. Pending on how sign-up goes.
June 27th, 2011
can be a tentative start date for the MLD.
- Era requirements, neat addition, we can discuss it.
Let me or 70's know if you'd like to be a part of rule discussion.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Velociraptor