Old
06-01-2011, 01:34 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Agreed.

I hope it's not to Quebec. I hate Quebec.

Can Las Vegas actually support a team? Or is the population too transient? I know the various leagues shudder in regards to the gambling, but it would be great for the NHL to be the first to break into that market.
The local economy in Vegas has gone to hell since the real estate market crashed. I believe they are one of the top's in foreclosures (Chicago as well but Chicago is much larger Metro so it doesn't kill us)

There are only 3 viable cities for relocation in near future

QC - New arena set to be built in coming years

Kansas City - Have an amazing arena looking for NHL/NBA team. Ownership group though is not strong enough at this time IMO to bring a team

Houston - Large population , NHL caliber arena , Hockey history. Only problem is Les Alexander (Owns arena and Rockets) lost interest in bringing in NHL team after losing out on Oilers in 90's and Houston losing in last round of expansion. He would need to get back on board to bring a team there

Dont give me Hamiltion (Copps sucks and it would hurt Sabres) or Portland (Paul Allen since purchasing back the Rose Garden has shown no interest in team ,, His Pens interest IMO had more to do with his battle to get back arena)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote