Thread: Speculation: Edmontons 2012 pick
View Single Post
Old
06-01-2011, 04:56 AM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
I'll repeat my "dangerous strategy"... pick Kucherov with the Oilers 31st pick this draft and then pick Grigorenko or Yakupov next year in the lottery... unite them a few seasons in the future... boom goes the dynamite.

I for one wouldn't mind seeing a top six of:
Hall-RNH(even though I still really want Larsson this year)-Eberle
(Kucherov-(Yakupov or Grigorenko)-(MPS/Omark)

I know only Grigorenko is a natural C on that potential 2nd line but no matter how you shake that line up... even throwing Gagner in there... you are going to have a very solid 2nd line (1B line really). If they don't draft Grigorenko then maybe Pitlick/Lander/Martindale becomes that 2nd line C... or another in the prospect pipeline or in a trade.

My main point is... get two of those top Russians drafted this year and next and if nothing else... Khabby can be some sort of mentor for them the next 2 years and show that this team is worth playing for and has supported him and is a good place to play. Kucherov and Grigorenko may stay in the KHL for a while... a few years possibly, but they have the talent to take a gamble on them. God knows Khabby should be good for something besides losing hockey games (although his rebuilding abilities are exceptional so far).

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote