View Single Post
Old
06-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Aren't you still operating under the potentially mistaken belief that Dallas is really the place that Richards wants to play the most?

Considering how much Richards keeps talking about wanting to win, it makes me think more and more that he doesn't really want to remain in Dallas at all. Dallas has a few very attractive pieces at forward, but their defense is far below average, and their goaltending is adequate, but not great. The Rangers, with Richards, are a better team than the Stars are with him.

I'm certainly all for Richards, but one of the things he's openly stated was that he didn't want his cap hit to be a detriment to the team he signs with. Some on this board would have you believe that statement is good news for us. I read it entirely differently... mainly due to the fact that even IF he signs with us for a reduced (for him) cap hit... we will still be hamstrung cap wise... i.e. in that sense his cap hit will still be a detriment.

Now obviously that could change if one or more of Drury, WW, and even Avery are bought out. But I don't see it as a lock by any stretch.