View Single Post
Old
06-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I agree with you. I enjoy watching puck possession teams play the game of hockey. The San Jose/Detroit series was a thing of beauty. Aggressive (but not goonish out of control hockey like the Bruins fans enjoy) hockey on both offense and defense reminds me of the good old days of Canadiens hockey.

And I wish that the Bruins would have resorted to gooning it up against the Habs. They did that in the first two games and we beat them. Once they quit trying to injure Subban and a couple of other players and decided to play hockey, the Bruins did well.
Well in my opinion the only thing the Bruins have over us is grit. The time they chose to not use that card, we beat them. That's why when they won 8-6 in Boston, they gooned it up, it was like they were sending a message. And they succeeded. If anything the first two games in the playoffs, what made them fail was that they were nervous to take penalties and were not confident in how they were playing. I still think Julien is wrong for this group, they have the instinct to go all out, they are the kind of team that should impose the rythym of the game with a strong forecheck wich would work with the intimidation factor but he is defensive mind coach always playing his safe system with fear of making mistakes and he is forcing these guys to be that way, going against nature. Without Thomas they would be dead right now.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote