View Single Post
Old
06-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
He doesn't deserve more than any other RFA of his age whose proven little to nothing.

I love Patches and I think he's going to be a star for us. But one good half a season doesn't prove anything. In fact one could argue it's one good half season after a full bad one. Right now he's like a reverse Pouliot. No way this guy makes more than 1.5 mil unless it's a long term deal and PG is certain this guy will be a star.

I doubt either side would agree to a long term deal due to what the other party would ask for. I see it being 1 year 1-1.5 million.

But yeah, he certainly doesn't deserve anymore. If anything the team deserves more prior to giving him a good deal.
It's not about what the player DESERVES. In the cap world it's a big plus to be pro active and sign your young players, if you can get Pacioretty at 3 years 4.8 mil, you'd be crazy not to do it if you believe in him and taht he has arrived. If you do taht and he puts up 50-60 points the next 3 years you get a big cap bargain and look like a genius...the downside is not that big, even if he is a 30-35 point 3rd liner for half taht time, you aren't paying him 4 mil a year....but I doubt him or his agent want to go 3 years right now, knowing that a strong 11-12 season means a big payday.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote